Friday, March 26, 2010

I am going to start blogging. Why? Because I have recently discovered that I really like reading other peoples' blogs, it makes me feel connected to the world. This is a very important thing for me, because I'm a new mom and very often feel disconnected from all other people save my one little person. I realize that blogging is kind of like talking to yourself, at least if you're me and you're just starting out. I just think it will be a nice thing to have a record of myself at this time and future times in my life so that I can look back if I want.

So, very quickly, because I have to go to bed and try to get some sleep before the little one wakes up and needs me, here are some things about my life. I am 29 and getting very close to 30. I live in the same town I was born in and all of my immediate family lives within 20 minutes of my home. This year has brought many changes and challenges to my life. I had my first baby, moved into my grandparents' home, had two grandparents die, and decided to become a stay-at-home mom. My husband and I have been married for 7+ years and together for almost 11, which is crazy! We (mostly him, but I help) lead a Jr. High youth group at our church, which we have done for about 7 years. If you ask most people, that's like voluntary torture, but we really enjoy it...mostly. I love to read, garden, walk, sew, cook, and bake. I like to think I can do it all, and usually I am disappointed with the results of that. Despite that fact, I am trying to enjoy this time of new beginnings in my life and am finding that it is hard, but so good.

No comments: